I simply have 3 questions that I have not managed to find the answer for elsewhere.
1. Should you clean the cat’s ears? My cat is very dirty in the ears.
2. Is it common for male cats to get aroused when petting them? He is not neutered yet.
3. Should you cut their claws if it is an indoor cat?
1. To your first question, I want to answer that you can wipe your cat’s ears gently with a large tuft of cotton that you have lightly moistened in a little lukewarm water.
But it must not be really wet so water runs down the cat’s ears.
Take a drop of water for each ear.
DO NOT USE TOPZ! If the cat scratches a lot on the ears or throws with its head or if it is brown that is in the ear, it can be scabies and then you probably have to go to the vet.
Then you get medicine for your cat – usually drops – it will soon be fine again. If the ears smell bad, it could be inflammation. As you describe your cat’s ears, I think you should ask your vet.
2. Yes, a cat, regardless of whether it is a male or a female, gets easily aroused and both scratches and bites really hard if you pat or play with them.
The cat plays with his siblings or friends in that way and you are now one of his friends and he does not see any difference between a cat friend or a human friend! It may help if he is neutered but it is not certain.
However, he calms down over time. You have to make sure that he plays tired with different toys e.g. ball or toy mice, a climbing frame is also good.
3. No, I do not think it is necessary. If you have a good claw board or can set up real pieces of wood to claw on, that is enough. Good luck with your cat!